MOTO stands for Mail Order Telephone Order, or is often referred to as "Card-not Present". If you have a mail order business, or frequently need to take credit card payments over the phone, then a MOTO Credit Card Processing Account with DPS will save you money! Merchant accounts that provide a low rate for card-present transactions (where you physically swipe the card) often penalize you with high fees for card-not present transactions. However, with a MOTO account through DPS, your rate is specifically designed for Card-not present transactions and you'll pay significantly less. So before you jump in to the first credit card processing plan you see, take into account the type of transaction that you will use most.
MOTO credit card processing is almost identical to retail processing, with just a few manual steps.
1. You receive an credit card order, either through the mail or via a customer phone call. You manually enter the credit card information and the total sale amount into your terminal or payment software.
2. Your terminal or payment system relays the payment information to Discount Payment Services, and we verify the card and payment with the card provider, like Visa, Mastercard or American Express and the corresponding bank.
3. If it is a valid transaction, we'll forward the authorization back to you, where you can print off the purchase receipt. If it's not, you'll get a "declined" notice.
4. Your account must be "settled" or "batched out" at the end of each day. End of day settling can usually be programmed automatically (recommended), but in most cases you can choose to settle the batch each day manually.
5. The monies are transferred to your account within 2-3 days.
The fastest-growing segment of credit card use today is in “card-not-present” transactions. In other words, transactions in which a customer makes their purchase by mail order or telephone order (MOTO), by fax or via the Internet instead of being physically present at a brick and mortar location. If you want to process credit cards for Internet, telephone, or mail order transactions, you’ll need a special merchant account specifically designed for that purpose.
Running card-not-present transactions is more costly because there is more risk involved. As you never take physical possession of a credit card so that you can swipe it through a magnetic strip reader, both Visa and MasterCard use different criteria for evaluating risk and have different fee structures for card-not-present transactions. Discount Payment Services can analyze your business model and offer suggestions for the most cost effective ways to take card-not-present transactions. The entire process will take just a few minutes of your time, but can save you thousands in lost revenues. And the best part is that we seamlessly make the transition so you and your customers don’t suffer any down time. In fact, from start to finish you can be up and running in a matter of days.
We support all of the major gateways! A gateway is a secure online processing portal. It allows card information to be sent securely to processors like MasterCard and Visa and can be found in every online shopping site. We support online shops of all sizes, from small web sites with a few products that are just getting started to huge merchants with thousands of inventory items. We even have solutions for non-cart based sites like membership dues, recurring services, etc.
• Internet Merchant Accounts
• Robust Virtual Terminal
• Secure Gateway (128 Bit Encryption)
• Shopping Carts and Catalog Service
• Enhanced back-end web site functionality
• Recurring payments
• Online Check transactions with Equifax verification
• API and Custom website development and payment integration